Friday, November 20, 2009

Shallow

I think I'm Shallow. No. Wait. I think I'm actually coming to the realisation that shallowness can affect alot of things in your life. I've always been shallow, but have... many many times... given people the benefit of the doubt. Only to realise a ways down the road, that my shallowness could have prevented the torture of getting to know that person as extensively, as they made no real contribution to my life and I didn't want to try enriching theirs any longer.

Now I know the above sounded a little "not so modest" but we can leave the discussion of modesty for another day.

Courtesy of Dictionary.com – adjective
1. of little depth; not deep: shallow water.
2. lacking depth; superficial: a mind that is not narrow but shallow.

How deep do you have to go to see that something isn't going to work out in your best interest? In anyone's best interest for that matter. Should you even tread those waters if your gut tells you not to? Don't go doubting your intuition now. Frankly - the shallower the water the better (easier to see the bottom I say).

Apparently "Shallow people are shallow because they lack the intellectual development to be any other. To be anything other than self obsessed and cosmetic demands a certain level of development." [heluim.com]

So what if you posses the intelect and level of development to acknowledge your faux pas but still CHOOSE to live this way. We do it because the only reason we will overlook it is due to "feeling" sorry for the other person. Other times its just that we kinda enjoy their company and convince ourselves that the way they present themselves to the world doesn't affect our reaction to the situation.

Can I then say that its not being shallow, its more a matter of walking around in ignorant bliss with specially fitted horse blinkers? Oh baby, when those blinkers fall off... and they always do... that wall is closer than you thought it was! Well, because blinkers kinda distorts your focus. That's when you remember your little talent - Clear Shallow Water hides less gremlins.

This little subject dawned on me yesterday and I thought blogging about it may make me feel less inclined to look deeper into the situation. It also reminded me that pretty girls don't have real friends anyway and people think they're stupid no matter what. So there!

Words from my fav song at the mo: Pass out at 3. Wake up at 10. Go out to eat. Then do it again... Man I love College, I love drinking, I love ...men. Man I love College.

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment